My client is a privately owned manufacturing business with 3 manufacturing sites across the UK, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for both the Redhill and Crawley site.
- Utilisation of the Company's overall buying power in obtaining the best value to the correct specification in support of the Group's objectives.
- Providing day to day management of suppliers and purchasing requirements.
- Negotiation of agreements with suppliers and taking responsibility for agreements where necessary.
- Ensuring that suppliers deliver in accordance with Service Level Agreements including agreed time, cost and quality measures and report back to management on these metrics.
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained and followed for audit traceability.
- Willingness to travel and meet with Supply Chain
- Maintain up-to-date supplier lists and pricing arrangements to ensure the best commercial terms
- Calculate future purchasing needs based on recent sales usage (including the right mix of products to receive volume and margin)
- Develop, maintain, evaluate and expand reliable sources of supply to ensure adequate supplier production capacity, and to ensure that all risks associated with the procurement function are identified
- Part number changes, price changes and new product launches
Procurement knowledge within a manufacturing environment
Lean manufacturing & continuous improvement
Vendor / Sub-contracting auditing
Competitive Salary & Package