Our client, based in N. Lincolnshire, have a strong order book for 2020/21 having secured a number of projects. With a view to increasing turnover and profitability they now look to further develop their procurement department with the addition of this position of Senior Buyer.
This position of Senior Buyer will hold the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Purchasing Manager with the delivery and ongoing development of the procurement department to support new business growth and profitability of existing projects.
- Compiling commodity group plans in line with planned and unplanned requirements
- Negotiation and management of key contracts
- Supplier performance management
- Ensuring optimal inventory levels are maintained
- Auditing of Suppliers / Vendors
- Delivery of savings on commodity groups
- Contribute to Supplier / Vendor framework agreements, rejections and warranty claims
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Procurement Manager will have:
- A solid understanding of negotiating contracts within a Purchasing and Procurement position
- Exposure to working with contracts in a project-based environment (desirable not essential)
- Experience within an engineering / industrial projects / manufacturing environment
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively seek out opportunities.
£40,000 - £45,000