I'm working with a business who are a distributor of solar power generation equipment and hold 25% of the British solar market.
- Maintenance of purchasing contracts, agreements and terms
- Involvement in identifying suppliers
- Responding to internal stock requests in a timely manner and in line with company strategy
- Manage suppliers open order books Placing and managing outgoing POs Maintaining Auto-Order data, correct lead times, minimum stocks etc where appropriate
- Preventing identifying and resolving critical shortages Preventing, identifying and resolving allocation issues Master data such as commodity codes, country of origin etc Delivery costs maintenance
- Supplier relationship management
- Ensuring appropriate stock levels via system interrogation and subsequent actions Negotiations
- Understand market and product changes and how they affect product strategies, and communicate this to the wider business.
- Understaning of manufacturers capabilities, capacities and priorities to put in place contingency plans where necessary
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills
- Risk management
- CIPS qualified, or working towards
Competitive salary & package