My client is a leading aerospace and defence business who are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their manufacturing site in Marlow. You would be part of a large procurement team focusing on both the operational and strategic elements of procurement covering the mechanical category.
- Manage the end-to-end supply chain relationships with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit.
- Manage associated sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with project or production deliverables.
- Review material demand requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements; reviewing, negotiating and issuing purchase orders and making necessary changes to requirements, schedule and price.
- Early engagement with relevant stakeholders to review and challenge engineering specifications with the purpose of developing appropriate procurement strategies to support the business needs.
- Monitor the delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to manufacturing need date.
- Research vendors and develop new and alternative sources of supply and carry out transfer of work per the defined process.
- Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers.
- Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating price changes with vendors, negotiating revised terms and special arrangements with vendors.
- Significantly contribute to the on-going capability development and performance of the function.
Ideally looking for candidates who have experience covering both strategic and operational procurement. Key background experience within manufacturing covering Mechanical components however an electronics background would also be considered.
Competitive salary & package