I'm recruiting a Senior Buyer for a company which provides an end-to-end supply chain solution for many sectors across the globe.
As the Senior Buyer you will be tasked with managing commodities and suppliers for a specific contract, as part of an experienced purchasing team based out of Chorley. You will develop and implement strategies to meet the requirements of your client, whilst managing KPI's and delivering on cost down exercises.
- Management of multi-fuinctional teams concentrating on cost, negotiation, sourcing and product change within a complex supplier package.
- Maintain and negotiate commercial data and supply agreements
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution
- Achievements of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement.
- Reduce the total cost of acquisition
- Development of short, medium and long term commodity strategies.
- Negotiate with current and new suppliers to achieve best prices and terms
- Negate supplier inflation
- Provide procurement support to the account management team
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to achieve company goals
- Adherence to the quality procedures and principles at all times
- Cross functional working with Engineers, SQA, Planning and Supply Chain
- Manage a complex and varied workload to ensure focus is maintained on key actions.
The successful candidate for the Senior Buyer will have previous experience in a strategic purchasing role, ideally from an automotive / engineering background. Below is list desirable skills & qualities:
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies
- CIPS qualification
- Able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Professional and Ethical in approach
- Excellent communicator at all levels across all media
- Demonstrable track record in managing direct relationships with major suppliers
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practise purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities and contract negotiation and management skills.
- Proven and experienced negotiator
- ERP or MRP functionality
£35,000 - £38,000
Sponsorship to MCIPS