Our client, based in S. Yorkshire, have retained PageGroup on this pivotal piece of recruitment. The organisation in question has experienced change over the last two years and have a positive growth plan into 2021/22.
Recent investment into the business will allow this manufacturer to increase their CAPEX spend across all areas, invest in further development of their employees and above all else provide long-term security and profitability for the organisation.
This business, now on a journey of growth, are looking to engage with top talent to bolster the procurement department and make a significant impact towards the company objectives.
The role of Senior Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- To develop and execute Category strategies and deploy contracts, to ensure delivery of the category's operational efficiency initiatives and cost saving targets.
- To act as single point of contact to areas of the business and build strong partnerships with key sites, stakeholders and suppliers through regular meetings and surpassing end user expectations.
- Ensure that contracts within their own control are effectively managed - end to end.
- Defining objectives and targets for the category strategy and annual plan, determine KPIs, overall sourcing strategy and key issues and risks. Writing the best in class strategy documentation, stakeholder plan and resolving issues
- Own the category spend, ATC etc, negotiating contracts, deployment of the contracts and extracting value
- Integrate into the category market, in terms of supply and demand, market developments and their impact on the business. Learns the technical knowledge of products to understand, construct analysis and options and deliver best business case options.
- Develop and deliver category risk and mitigation plans to monitor, manage and reduce risk.
- Defining the way the category builds appropriate relationship with suppliers, regularly meeting key suppliers for reviews of improvement and negotiations. Deciding on the vendor qualification applications from one-off buyers. Ensuring agreement of business leaders for strategic supplier relationship management.
The successful candidate for this role of Senior Category Manager will ideally have the following:
- Expertise in Purchasing and Procurement
- Have managed large raw material spends into manufacturing; ideally within bulk products / commodities
- Excellent team ethic; becoming part of a small collaborative team.
- Strong commercial acumen - negotiation, market mapping/analysis, SRM.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- The ability to travel and work from home (there is an office location in S. Yorkshire)
- Degree / MCIPS
- Category management experience (market dynamics and cost models) - desirable
- Familiarity with Dry Bulk Shipping - desirable
£60,000 - £70,000 + package