My client is a high-end manufacturer of electronics equipment, a supplier to heavy manufacturing industries and military sub-sectors. Due to various contract wins, my client is going through a period of rapid expansion.
As a Senior Customs Compliance Supervisor you will have a vast array of knowledge surrounding Import & Export Compliance. You will report into the Site Shipping Manager and cover the following responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 4x Shipping and Customs Experts.
- To collect all export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from Freight Forwarders and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements. Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with Eaton and HMRC Requirements.
- To Follow up with customer and Freight Forwarders to obtaining missing documentation in a timely manner, this involves working with tight deadline. The Daily leasing with customers and carriers to check products have been delivered and the correct information has been provided and being confident in chasing and dealing with the demands of the business.
- To stay up to date with current legislation and export documentation requirements to ensure compliance.
- To collect and provide the shipping documentation for Letters of Credit, leasing with internal finance, customer service and compliance teams to ensure the understanding of requirements for a letter of credit is met. Contacting and chasing the Freight Forwarders for the documentation required for the letter of credit within a timely manner to ensure payment before expiry of the letter of credit.
- To communicate with the Chamber of Commerce to apply for attested documents as per shipping requirements of products being shipped.
The successful Senior Customs Compliance Supervisor will be a specialist in the field of shipping compliance and be commutable to the wider Bradford area. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in import and export compliance, ideally within the manufacturing sector.
- Experience with ATR1 and EUR1's.
- Fluent in HAWB / MAWB and / or Seaway Bills of Laden.
- 3+ years experience in the industry would be beneficial, ideally previously working for a forwarder.
- Commutable across Grantham.
- Bonus of up to 10% of basic salary