My client is a leading FTSE 100 financial institution that has a long history of providing best in class service to it's customers. They have a lean high performing team that have a huge amount of traction across the business who understand the added value that procurement can bring. As Senior IT Procurement Manager you will be leading on business critical technology sourcing initiatives and owning key supplier relationships.
The key responsibilities for the Senior IT Procurement Manager are:-
- Proactive leadership and accountability for all procurement activity and management of third party spend within the technology category.
- Developing, agreeing with the leadership and managing the execution of the procurement plan and strategy for the technology category in scope as determined by the procurement leadership team
- Leading and executing Procurement Projects related to the technology category of spend and being responsible for both making and influencing strategic and commercial decisions of major significance the businesses finances and delivery of services
- Communication and management of relationship with external suppliers and partners at the relevant seniority levels, both during procurement processes and during the service delivery phase
- Direct accountability for accurate and timely management information, including ensuring compliance with relevant procedures for governance, risk and control and assuring the quality of all required information for the Procurement and/or Executive leadership
- Forecasting, planning, including preparing the business case and reporting for complex procurement project support, including any information required from external market sources
- Pro-active engagement with the business and/or service functions to plan and support procurement activity, supplier relationship and performance management and contract management
The successful Senior IT Procurement Manager will demonstrate:-
- Full responsibility for the total spend related to the technology category
- Highly pro-active leadership, decision making and influence on specific categories of procurement spend
- Managing category procurement planning and strategy development (including supplier management plan/strategy) with due consideration for political, economic, social, technological, legal, market, and environmental impact
- Expert authority for both procurement processes, regulations and practice generally and leading expert authority in the business for the procurement and commercial landscape for the technology category
- Working independently and as part of team as well as managing others as required to deliver business objectives
- Ability to give confidence to stakeholders, customers and suppliers at the highest level, resulting in:
- high impact professionalism and authority
- a shared view of procurement as a strategic activity by all stakeholders where there are clear and shared positive aspirations regarding the purpose, direction and contribution to procurement
- enhanced Programme and Project Management to support improved corporate performance.
- positive perceptions being shared by key suppliers
- Support the governance of the procurement operations, including cross-functional collaboration and the effective prioritisation, deployment, control and monitor of spend across the relevant spend areas
- Support the establishment of a new way of working demonstrating the value of procurement, setting standards, reinforcing the enabling culture and approach and embedding the implementation of category management across the organisation
For the successful Senior IT Procurement Manager you will be joining a successful business and procurement. In this role you will have full autonomy to identify opportunity and make things. On offer is good base salary with a very strong package.