Our client operate within the Public Sector and support the UK's health sector in addressing supply disruption incidents that occur across multiple government bodies. This is a home based role.
Unforeseen issues will crop up from time to time and you will use your experience and understanding of the health and/or logistics sector to support the formulation of a structured plan to work with others to ensure timely resolution. Some key responsibilities can be highlighted as follows:
- Assisting with the running of the department including the out of hours service for the department.
- Managing escalated cases of incidents of supply disruption and further escalating for critical issues that may could occur
- Supporting the clear communication of policy and operational arrangements and helping to represent the team in a range of internal and external scenarios.
- Working with communications and supply colleagues to help produce and finalise key communications to the NHS, suppliers and adult social care providers, ensuring they are also relevant to the workstream industries.
- Helping to coordinate and draft responses to other departments and areas of public service at senior levels
- Deep diving into issues that may arise, you may be involved in the day to day case response where there may be more significant supply disruptions that require engagement with other teams. You will coordinate actions across all central policy and response teams dealing with supply shortages and providing a single point of escalation.
- You may support the sizing and scaling teams. You will undertake training to be able to both understand how to use the central database and manage cases and may then be involved in training new team members.
Experience managing logistics services would be advantageous and would help with developing a strong understanding of planned logistical arrangements and solutions. In addition candidates will benefit from:
- Experience in leading incident response in health and care.
- Experience reviewing service delivery and tackling issues to improve service quality in health and care.
- Drive, determination and excellent planning skills which enable you to deliver at pace and to target.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse and quickly grasp multiple policy areas.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and engagingly with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- A flexible approach to working patterns to deal with "out of hours" escalations
This role is available on an interim basis with an immediate start. The role will be home based with the possibility of occasional travel. You will receive a competitive day rate.