Closing Date: 13/06/20
Position Type: Permanent
- Opportunity to work from home with a base at any NCA hub nationwide
- Provide high quality analysis and reporting support to the Commercial function
About Our Client
Serious and organised crime is one of the gravest threats to the UK's national security. The National Crime Agency sits at the heart of the law enforcement response, protecting the public by disrupting and bringing to justice those serious and organised criminals who pose the highest risk to the UK.
Commercial is a major corporate function in Government and getting the right commercial capability is at the heart of Civil Service Reform.
The NCA Commercial Department is on an exciting journey undertaking a period of rapid development, including the adoption of Government Commercial Function standards as well as a focus on finding ways to continuously improve.
The National Crime Agency has a national presence and a forward thinking attitude to working from home.
The Senior Officer, Procurement Policy & Governance - Systems, will be responsible for:
- Provide accurate and comprehensive data analysis, generating actionable insights, recommendations and briefings to senior decision makers;
- Develop and deliver effective and insightful reports on Commercial performance identifying areas for improvement that provides the basis for setting targets, ensuring Commercial effort is focussed;
- Maintain key commercial registers ensuring data is accurate and up to date and Commercial colleagues are alerted to any actions that are required;
- Effectively influence Commercial colleagues to ensure their actions are being carried out in a timely manner escalating where required;
- Lead on the implementation of new commercial systems on behalf of the Commercial team;
- Act as Commercial systems owner for users across the department and collaborate with other government departments on updates and identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
You will be able to demonstrate the following criteria set out below:
- Making Effective Decisions.
- Delivering at pace
- Strong analytical skills including gathering data from a wide range of sources, interpreting data and generating actionable insights;
- Developing and generating reports based on analysis with excellent attention to detail;
- Managing and maintaining systems and information registers and developing tools, templates and guidance to assist colleagues, providing coaching where necessary;
- Experience of implementing new systems and acting as the expert user on behalf of a function coaching staff where required
Training & Professional Qualifications
- Advanced ICT skills (especially in Excel and Word,)
Desirable at Entry
- Experience of maintaining systems and data in a commercial environment
- Experience of working with commercial and contract systems such as E-tendering, contract management systems etc.
What's on Offer
- Roles based in London will also receive an additional London Weighting of £3,339.
- As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- 26 days' annual leave on entry, increasing to 31 days after 5 years' service
- A competitive contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
To apply for this position, please submit your CV below. If your application is successful, you will be requested to complete a personal statement detailing your suitability for the post by addressing some key criteria outlined in the Job description and Person spec - this should be completed and returned no later than 23:55pm, on 8th June 2020
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSC14096173Z