Closing Date: 13/06/20
Position Type: Permanent
- Opportunity to work from home with a base at any NCA hub nationwide.
- Maintenance of Commercial operating procedures, guidance and assurance
About Our Client
Serious and organised crime is one of the gravest threats to the UK's national security. The National Crime Agency sits at the heart of the law enforcement response, protecting the public by disrupting and bringing to justice those serious and organised criminals who pose the highest risk to the UK.
Commercial is a major corporate function in Government and getting the right commercial capability is at the heart of Civil Service Reform.
The NCA Commercial Department is on an exciting journey undertaking a period of rapid development, including the adoption of Government Commercial Function standards as well as a focus on finding ways to continuously improve.
The National Crime Agency has a national presence and a forward thinking attitude to working from home.
The Senior Officer, Procurement Policy & Governance, will be responsible for:
- Participate in networking events to collaborate with Crown Commercial Services, Crown Representatives and Government Commercial Function to benefit from cross government good practice, emerging policy, commercial updates, continuous improvement and strategy;
- Ensure that developed policies, processes, procedures and toolkits are up to date, compliant with legislation and regulation, aligned with best practices across government and contribute to the efficient operation of both the commercial team and our customers;
- Identify, implement and communicate changes to procurement policy and procedures and monitor compliance to changes leading training where required;
- Carry out Commercial governance activities in line with 3 lines of defence model identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations for actions;
- Take responsibility for Commercial master data and ensure that Data retention policies and procedures are complied with across the department identifying any non-compliance escalating where necessary;
- Co-ordinate accurate records of Commercial development plans and carry out training gap analysis in order to identify and collate training needs for the department;
- Maintain accurate establishment figures for the commercial team ensuring that headcount is accurately monitored against target operating model figures
The Successful Applicant
You will be able to demonstrate the following criteria set out below:
- Behavioural criteria
- Managing a quality service
- Changing and Improving
- Excellent written and personal presentation skills to ensure Commercial artefacts such as policies and operating procedures are drafted and presented in a professional manner;
- Knowledge of implementing and managing Commercial governance activities in line with 3 lines of defence models;
- Knowledge and experience of managing information retention policies;
- Experience of drafting, implementation and maintenance of Commercial policies, guidance and operating procedures;
What's on Offer
- Roles based in London will also receive an additional London Weighting of £3,339.
- As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- 26 days' annual leave on entry, increasing to 31 days after 5 years' service
- A competitive contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
To apply for this position, please submit your CV below. If your application is successful, you will be requested to complete a personal statement detailing your suitability for the post by addressing some key criteria outlined in the Job description and Person spec - this should be completed and returned no later than 23:55pm, on 8th June 2020
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSC14096174Z