Our client, based in Barnsley, is a privately owned organisation who have global presence. The culture on site has a somewhat SME feel with weekly and monthly incentives. With exciting plans for the next few years this newly created position is being recruited to improve supply chain processes before anticipated growth.
The key responsibilities of this Senior Planner will be:
- Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality etc.
- Liaise closely with other departments i.e. with Sales to determine customer requirements; and Operations to maximise capacity and reference deviations from the Plan.
- Maintain and manage the Scheduling System daily to support the Material Manager, including timely completion of orders, communication of out of stocks etc.
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date.
- Review scheduling requirements and ensure products are manufactured within scheduled deadlines.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages.
- Prepares reports about production processes and suggests ways to improve efficiency.
- Monitors production and raw material costs.
- Collects and assesses data about the production and team's performance.
- Provide support with the introduction of new products to ensure operational planning requirements are completed on time and within budget.
- Predicts how long a project will take to complete.
- Monitors project's progress to ensure it's following the schedule.
- Any other duties or projects as required within the skill set of this position
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Senior Planner will have:
- Experience of work scheduling / planning; familiar with MRP/ERP planning within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel with the ability to use and create complex mathematical formulas.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities along with the determination to see jobs through to completion.
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative abilities.
- Ability to prioritise; work accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with a basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques.
- Able to write effective management reports towards Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Flexible approach to work & availability for overtime when required.
- Experience of work scheduling / planning for injection moulding machinery
- Third level relevant qualification.
- Experience of co-ordinating, collating, analysing and reporting on data collected from various sources.
- Ambitious to progress within the manufacturing field.
The role is offered with the following benefits:
- A highly competitive salary, negotiable and experience depending
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays plus one day for birthday
- Working hours are 39 (08.30 to 17.00, Mon to Thurs, 08.30 to 16.00, Fri), some flexibility will be required
- Pension - employer contributes 4%
- Easy Access from J36, M1 and adjoining link roads
- A privately owned business with strong corporate visibility