Elvie develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about the Elvie mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and well-being of women.
Elvie are deeply proud of their values, which are intrinsic to everyday behaviour. Through these values the culture thrives:
- We're fearless - We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We're innovators - We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We're in it together - Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Elvie's street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Elvie Pump, the world's first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and 'wearable design of the year' at the Dezeen Awards.
Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 start-ups "To Watch" by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Fem-tech.
What you will do
- Manage the global sourcing initiatives to drive process improvements, cost, efficiency gains and profitability along the way
- Work closely with the Product Development, Quality and Engineering teams to develop an approved vendor database to meet the evolving specialist, technical and commercial needs of the business
- Lead on contract negotiations and benchmarking activities to ensure our approved vendors and cost base remain optimal
- Oversee the introduction of new product lines into our supply chain, including materials sourcing and production planning activities, through to mass production
- Working closely with the internal stakeholders from all key functions to define the procurement budget and execute against this from product innovation, through to launch and beyond
- Create an optimised and agile supply of goods which always has the commercial strategy at the forefront of its development
- Have responsibility for ensuring all procurement is compliant with the necessary requirements and documented accordingly
- To manage the risks and identify potential opportunities within the supply chain
- Continually looking to streamline processes, push boundaries and optimise our supply chain where possible
- 10+ years of experience in Operations, Procurement, Production, Supply Chain roles
- At least 5 years in Procurement and Strategic Sourcing roles
- A strong background in contract negotiations and managing contractual performance
- Experience of running large tenders, preferably within the consumer electronics or medical device industries
- Have a proven track record of driving efficiencies and reducing the procurement cost base.
- Experience of leading and scaling a team in a hyper-growth environment, with a hands-on approach
- Have an in depth understanding of the challenges and complexities relating to complex hardware procurement
- A love of working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of working on projects at all phases of the product lifecycle, from NPI through to end of life
- Proactively build relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills
- A great communicator and confident decision maker
- Preferably CIPs qualified or equivalent
Highly competitive salary and package.
"We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and well-being in mind with"