Arden & GEM Commissioning Support Unit is one of the leading CSU's in the country. Arden & GEM are over 900 staff supporting extremely interesting and high impact work streams. They support groups of CCG's, Acutes and other bodies in service re-design and transformation, business intelligence, clinical support, procurement & market management and much more.
The only CSU in the country to have been accredited with the globally recognised ISO 9001:2008 standard for Quality Management. Winners of the Excellence in Procurement award by CIPS. Winner of the Best Public Procurement Project in 2017, also by CIPS. Winner of the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Collaboration category by HCSA and Winners in the Collaborative Procurement category with the GO Public Procurement awards.
With offices all over the country, Arden & GEM are one of the most accredited, forward thinking, commercial and successful parts of the NHS.
The specific requirements of this role are as follows:
* To support the delivery of the Clinical Procurement and Market Management Procurement services ensuring that we are meeting our Customer needs and overall business objectives are achieved across the Customer base and within Arden and GEM CSU (AGCSU).
* Work with the Customer to support the delivery of a robust work plan that will meet the needs of the Health care community and deliver benefits to the wider population to meet the strategic requirements.
* Work on procurement projects across a diverse range of stakeholders, including clinical leads, to meet key milestones and performance indicators ensuring all procurement's are delivered in an efficient and timely manner, ensuring that all key performance indicators are achieved.
* Allocate workload across the team and work flexibly with other teams across the organisation to contribute to overall delivery of the work plan.
* Work on collaborative procurement projects across a diverse range of stakeholders, including clinical leads, to meet key milestones and performance indicators.
* Work with all internal departments in pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
* To deliver against key performance indicators and project/programme milestones, meeting all customer objectives and produce significant results within key markets.
* To develop strong customer/stakeholder relationships including at Executive/Board level to ensure project compliance and appropriate specialist input into the successful delivery of procurement and any service improvements.
* Use robust data to research to analyse project specific outputs and support the effective delivery of a procurement or service improvement.
* Carry out appropriate market analysis to identify current market performance, identify the main features of the market and the characteristics of the demand and supply side of the market.
* Use analytical skills and all available data to identify the appropriate market intervention strategy to deliver the required improvements in patient care and identified project objectives.
* To effectively manage sourcing and procurement processes that translate into robust procurement projects and complies with EU legislation, procurement guidance and national legal frameworks.
* Provide specialist procurement expertise and product/service specifications to ensure procurement and supply chain deliver optimum service delivery, incorporating best risk management philosophies.
* Develop relationships with strategic providers to maintain service delivery performance and maintain a working knowledge of changing market conditions.
* Be responsible for the day to day range of staff management matters which include responsibility for supporting appraisals, development of staff, recruitment and where necessary processes such as performance management, grievance and disciplinary matters.
Full MCIPS or extensive demonstrable experience in a procurement role (Essential)
Evidence of continuing professional development (Essential)
Degree in relevant subject or extensive demonstrable experience in a management post (Essential)
Project Management Prince 2 Practitioner or similar (Desirable)
Experience and understanding of the Commissioning Landscape
A competitive salary
An opportunity to take a step up into a senior role
An opportunity to make a difference to the NHS on a national level
A friendly, professional and forward thinking work environment
A diverse and interesting role
A supportive network of award winning procurement professionals