The Senior Procurement Manager will work closely with colleagues across the business to prepare and deliver the procurement activities and will align potentially conflicting information requiring significant influencing skills.
- Responsible for significant elements of the operational procurement for the relevant package(s), ensuring that these are aligned with other similar packages and the overall organisation objectives, including the delivery of wider benefits.
- Supporting the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables as defined within the Procurement Handbook. Following approval of the relevant Category Plan, this includes responsibility for developing key components of the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation to agreed timelines and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to permit release of this documentation.
- Responsible for managing the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant package and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to allow appropriate short-listing and contract award.
- Ensure that the procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
- Manage a Procurement Manager and Procurement Officer, ensuring their output is quality-assured at its source
- Ensure procurement reporting and management information is provided accurately and on a timely basis to sync with the organisations business reporting rhythm and cycles.
- Present to boards and committees, as required, in order to respond to challenge and scrutiny