Senior Product Safety & Chemical Compliance Associate - £15-19 ph
I'm currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for an experienced Interim Product Safety and Chemical Compliance Associate, on behalf of a global FMCG company, based in Surrey. This is an 8-month contract, paying up to £19 per hour, with the opportunity for remote working.
- Enter product Bill of Materials in database, manage chemical and ingredient regulatory compliance data and SAP reporting activities, and collaborate with team members to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Ensure data entered into database for finished products is maintained with high quality standards.
- Perform technical evaluations of chemical and ingredients in products sold in region to enable compliance and coordinate product compliance testing.
- Perform product hazard classifications, author and generate Safety Data Sheets
- Designate and obtain necessary analytical test data as needed
- Prepare chemical reporting data, ingredient listings and technical chemical compliance assessments
- Establish and maintain an information network for purposes of monitoring regional chemical regulatory developments
- Evaluate, appropriately process, and respond to incoming requests for chemical compliance information by applying technical knowledge of K-C products and regulations.
- Collaborate on cross-functional team to support the management of global chemical product risk and regulatory compliance.
- Degree in biology, chemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, biomedical or a related technical field of study with prior relevant experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience, or
- Masters or other advanced degree with some relevant experience preferred
- Strong IT literacy and demonstrated proficiency in working within SAP database environments and Microsoft programs.
- Experience organizing large sets of chemical safety and regulatory data, research/product safety testing report information and the entering of these data
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow complex scientific/technical research, protocols, and procedures
- Strong knowledge of national inventory, reporting, transport and product chemical and ingredient safety regulations globally with emphasis on the Asia Pacific region
- Experience applying the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) standard
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills
Ability to communicate effectively (speak, read, write) in Korean or Chinese.
If interested, please apply ASAP and if you have any questions, please email[email removed] or phone 01483213310.