My client is a house-hold name within the freight forwarding industry and currently holds numerous high-profile automotive and manufacturing accounts. They are currently expanding their operation due to two new contract wins and sub-contract their full transport offerings.
As a Senior Road Freight Forwarder you will work on accurately executing day to day freight forwarding operational activities across the world for a high profile account. You will cover the following tasks:
- Negotiate and organising transport movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors in the road freight world.
- Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions at the low rate, without compromising upon quality.
- Recording and planning road transport routes in line with SLA agreements across the UK and Europe.
- Operational processing of transport insurance claims
- Timely complete and respond to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions.
- Support the culture of continuous improvement across the road freight network
The successful Senior Road Freight Forwarder will be looking for a challenge with a sector leading logistics provider. You will ideally have 3+ years in a similar freight forwarding or 3PL background and ideally be available for an immediate start.
- 3+ years experience in either UK or European Road Freight Forwarding.
- Knowledge of road freight operations.
- Experience in dealing with a network of sub-contractors
- Experience of providing a transport solution in line with SLA's and within set cost-controls.
- Strong desire to provide only the highest levels of customer service.
- Commutable to Nottingham.
- Previous experience with a known Freight Forwarder.