Our client are a Global 3PL managing a high profile across the UK.
In th role of Transport Shift Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Implement and monitor individual and team objectives/ targets whilst ensuring company policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to comply with all relevant legislation covering the fleet, ensuring all vehicles are maintained in line with legal requirements
- Ensure that drivers are compliant with the WTD and Transport Legislation and adhere to the Operator's Licence regulations.
- Communicate with staff, managers, internal and external contacts as required to ensure effective two way communication exists to support achievement of agreed customer service levels. Planning resources in line with budget to ensure activities are achieved, including agency bookings, overtime and holidays
- Manage driver standards and behaviour through telematics technology, manage all transport assets including vehicles, delivery media and equipment, manage people performance for sickness, absence and time keeping
- Control costs in line with budgets and propose initiatives that will support cost reductions. Complete all required transport KPI reports in line with relevant time scales
- Action all defects at time of receipt and ensure all servicing of vehicles is completed as scheduled. Ensure Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements are met within company and legal frameworks.
- Ensure all H&S obligations are met providing a legal and safe working environment for all employees that consistently exceed quality standards required
- Develop operational improvements through an effective trained/flexible workforce focused on delivering service improvements, accurate resource levels and cost reductions
The ideal candidate will meet most, if not all of the following criteria:
- Good maths and English skills, IT literate
- CPC holder preferred
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations. Knowledge of the Transport Legislation and European Working Time Directive
- Prior experience in transport environment. Experience with Food Safety standards preferred
- Capability to build, lead and motivate a team
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise. Ability to work to deadlines. Accountable and results orientated
- Excellent communication skills. Able to use initiative, organise own workload
- Customer Service skills. Team Worker
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits but most importantly you will have the chance to step into a more senior role.