Our client is a leading 3PL provider based in Oxford.
The key responsibilities for the successful Senior Transport Supervisor will include:
- Overseeing the day to day vehicle operation including driver no shows, breakdowns, traffic delays or accidents.
- Engage all external and internal customers to provide the best quality of service to the customer.
- Planning and reporting resource jobs on Microlise System.
- Ensure all driver route paperwork is completed, and inputted promptly and accurately.
- Produce Reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Managing all areas of our vehicle fleet, including maintenance, repair, vehicle hire and de-hire.
- Managing the UTS - Cowley Operator's Licence, including vehicle and driver compliance.
- Assisting the Transport Manager to create a compliant and effective operational team by being the advocate for change within the business.
- Complete all Weekly and Monthly KPI reports.
- Conduct daily team briefings and touch base meetings to help improve the communication and performance within the business.
- Staff engagement.
- Dealing with driver investigations, disciplinaries and appraisals.
The successful Senior Transport Supervisor will have the following skills and attributes:
- A confident communicator and team player.
- Ambitious character - keen to progress.
- Look for positive resolutions to any situation.
- Able to make informed decisions quickly in difficult situations.
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word & Excel) ability to use in-house systems with ease.
- Good numeracy skills - including accuracy.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive personality, working well as part of a small team
- An ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrates organisational skills.
- An Understanding of driving legislation including operators licensing and WTD
- CPC (desirable but not essential)
- IOSH (desirable but not essential)
- Live within commutable distance of Oxford.
There is a competitive salary on offer for the successful Senior Transport Supervisor.