I am working with my FMCG client to find an SHE Manager for their Suffolk site - commutable from Bury, Ipswich and Norwich. They are a market leading organisation, with several sites across the UK.
This individual will be key in supporting the company to develop an effective health and safety culture, and ensuring legal compliance to various food industry standards. My client are a market leading chilled food manufacturer, and looking to bolster their existing team as they enter an exciting period of growth.
The Safety, Health and Environmental Manager for this Suffolk based position will need to be able to do the following:
- Maintenance and development of Site Safety Programme and policies.
- Chair monthly site SHE meeting.
- Auditing of Site systems to ensure compliance to, and the development of standards.
- Ownership of Site Safety and Environmental incident Log.
- Reporting of incidents to third party agencies, group functions and the Site leadership team.
- Provision of Site SHE data to Group reporting functions and internally to departmental managers.
- Lead external SHE related audits and visits both announced and unannounced.
- To lead SHE related initiatives to drive towards World Class Safety and Environmental standards.
- SHE input to all Site Capital Investment Projects.
- To support departmental Continuous Improvement project with SHE aspects.
- Ensure SHE related Training and development needs for Site are identified and met.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels on Site in respect to SHE related issues.
The successful candidate for the SHE Manager (Safety, Health and Environmental) role will provide evidence of the following to be considered for the role:
- Experienced SHE Manager - ideally with experience from food/beverage manufacturing environment, ambient, frozen and chilled food all considered
- IOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification (NEBOSH would be advantageous)
- Environmental awareness
- Excellent communication skills, to ensure H&S is effectively communicated across levels of the business - experience of delivering training would be advantageous
- CDM would be advantageous
- A strong knowledge of current and relevant SHE legislation and compliance
- A self-starter who will challenge the status quo whilst employing a considered approach
The successful candidate for this SHE Manager role will be offered c. £40,000 - £48,000 plus PHI, pension contributions up to 6% and up to 20% bonus; along with the chance to work for a highly-reputable, market-leader within FMCG.