Our client are a business service provider and a market leader in their field providing a quality service. They have recently acquired a competitor and have grown to become the most recognised brand in their field.
In the role of Transport Shift Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct regular performance audits to ensure adherence by staff to all relevant Company Systems and Procedures as detailed
- Investigate any alleged breaches of Company Rules and Regulations, and take appropriate action.
- Maximise the Route Profitability of all routes operated by the Branch by the following:
- Costing reports on all routes, taking account of changes in hours or vehicle type.
- Regular review of the system to ensure all jobs are correctly billed and routed.
- Update Branch Route Profitability System taking account of price increases and changes to route costing.
- Regular site reviews to ensure consistent service to clients, and monitor changes in the customers requirements.
- Monitoring start and finish times of all routes ensuring that they continue to be appropriate.
- Liaise with Sales Executives to establish new business requirements for routes. Advise where customer requirements are producing adverse affects on route profitability.
- Ensure new customers are routed in the most cost effective way, whilst maintaining contractual requirements.
- Ensure that the Company's transport and vehicle servicing requirements adhere to both Company Policy and legislation, including Tachographs, locks & alarms and vehicle defects.
Candidates should be experienced within a busy transport operation. A CPC is not required but candidates will be expected to demonstrate a good knowledge of current compliance. Because of the nature of the business candidates will be expected to provide 10 years of references for both employment and residence.
You will receive a competitive package along with the chance to join a fantastic business who promotes from within. Candidate will need to have a flexible approach to working patterns. Candidate will be subject to extensive vetting and checks on employment, criminal and financial history.