Our client, one of the largest postal logistics companies in the UK are looking for a Shift Manager to join their expanding team. Our client offers excellent company benefits and has a fantastic, inclusive culture centred around teamwork.
Duties and responsibilities of the Shift Manager role includes, but is not limited to:
- To lead the execution of all planned inbound and outbound activity within agreed
- Working to and monitoring the achievement of KPI's such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
- Identify simple, commercial and innovative ways to improve for both the benefit of our customers and our business. Drive the implementation of this vision
- Successfully manage relationships with drivers and the Transport team, working collaboratively and inspiring the workforce to achieve and succeed
- Develop and nurture positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including suppliers)
- Develop the team to high level of competency, identifying development and succession opportunities for team members.
- Ensure absence, performance and other ER issues are managed professionally by first line management team, taking responsibility for higher level cases where required.
- Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root cause quickly, to drive improvements
- To ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained, taking responsibility for
- To deputise for management on an ad-hoc basis
The successful candidate for the role of Shift Manager will possess:
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change
- Be methodical, organised, self-motivated
- At least 5 years' experience of managing within a Warehousing & Distribution fast paced
- Experience of working in a 24/7 operation
- Experience of both Transport and Warehousing environments
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Experience of working with yard management processes (desirable not essential)
- National and International CPC Qualification (desirable not essential)
The successful candidate for the role of Shift Manager will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking