The client which I'm representing are a market leading wholesaler, distributor and retailer who specialise in providing high quality products, as well as an efficient service, to a number of businesses across the UK. They're now working on bringing in a Shift Supervisor, as they look to strengthen their Warehouse team, at the site near Halifax.
As the Shift Supervisor you will be accountable for the following:
- Implementation of Health & Safety Practices and Procedures and Safe Systems of Work on the Shift
- Support the Shift Manager with ensuring all Warehouse Operational Staff comply with all aspects of Legal and Company defined legislation's and policies.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the achievement of all targets
- Manage effective allocation of Staff to various Warehouse duties to ensure completion of designated daily duties
- Ensure all goods received and sent out are checked for faults and reported to the relevant parties where necessary.
- Ensure high levels of count accuracy at Stock Audits - effectively communicating stock discrepancies, shortages or problem areas to Line Manager or Supervisor
- Ensure the current legislation for storage, transporting on site and manual handling are adhered to.
- Assist in daily operational duties of the Warehouse loading and unloading at 'Goods-In' and 'Goods-Out' points.
- Ensure all received stock is 'put-away' in the correct locations within the Warehouse and all goods due for dispatch are processed, picked and loaded correct to customer order and DC requirements.
- Ensure any movement of goods within the Warehouse environment is efficient and accurate according to instruction.
- Ensure out-bound vehicles are loaded in a proper, safe, manner according to instruction, Company Practice and current Legislation.
- Ensure documentation is correct to vehicle & load prior to vehicle release from site.
- Ensure you do not work on any product or service that you have not been assessed as competent in or trained to carry out.
The successful candidate for the Shift Supervisor role will ideally have already gained experience managing a team of operatives within a fast-paced distribution environment. This person will have confidence managing individuals, monitoring KPI's and isn't afraid to have challenging conversations.
The Shift Supervisor role is within a business which is able to offer career progression, so the successful candidate will ideally be looking to further develop their skills and looking to take the next step within their career.
£22,000 - £24,000