A fast-paced distribution business which specialise in supplying quality goods into a number of different markets.
As the Shift Supervisor you will have the following responsibilities:
- To motivate and encourage team members at all times.
- To hold regular team briefings to keep everyone informed on performance and communicate important information and changes.
- Deliver effective agreed In house training and induction to identified member of staff
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure that the team members, act in a responsible and professional manner.
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure that all team members understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure that all team members have the relevant skills and knowledge in order to carry out their duties.
- Identify training requirements that will improve the skills level of team and ultimately, the overall skills base.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to a high standard of cleanliness and present themselves in the company uniform at all times. This to include safety clothing where appropriate.
- Ensure Customer Collections from Site are dealt with promptly, politely and efficiently.
- Ensure any returned goods are processed promptly and efficiently
- Ensure customers are dealt with in a manner that portrays a professional image.
- Ensure the work area is cleaned and maintained such that it portrays a professional image at all times.
- Assist in daily operational duties of the Warehouse loading and unloading at 'Goods-In' and 'Goods-Out' points.
- Ensure all received stock is 'put-away' in the correct locations within the Warehouse and all goods due for dispatch are processed, picked and loaded correct to customer order and DC requirements.
- Ensure any movement of goods within the Warehouse environment is efficient and accurate according to instruction.
- Ensure out-bound vehicles are loaded in a proper, safe, manner according to instruction, Company Practice and current Legislation.
The successful candidate for the Shift Supervisor role will have ideally gained experience in a similar position, whilst working within a fast-paced distribution environment. You'll be expected to showcase strong leadership skills and be professional at all times. Someone who also has a good understanding of processes across all areas of the warehouse, as well as being able to drive KPI's.
Shift - 11.00am - 19.30am
Monday to Friday