The client I'm representing is a well-known retailer which has stores across the UK. As the Shift Supervisor you will be providing support within their distribution centre based near Leeds.
As the Shift Supervisor you will have the following responsibilities:
- To motivate and encourage team members at all times.
- To hold regular team briefings to keep everyone informed on performance and communicate important information and changes.
- Deliver effective agreed In house training and induction to identified member of staff
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure that the team members, act in a responsible and professional manner.
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure that all team members understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Shift Manager to ensure that all team members have the relevant skills and knowledge in order to carry out their duties.
- Identify training requirements that will improve the skills level of team and ultimately, the overall skills base.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to a high standard of cleanliness and present themselves in the company uniform at all times. This to include safety clothing where appropriate.
- Accurate and timely planning of daily work volumes in order to meet customer expectations and SLA's.
- Monitor team performance in order to achieve productivity and cost targets.
- Development of the team across all areas of the operation
- Ensure orders are dispatched in a timely manner keeping to all deadlines
The successful candidate for the Shift Supervisor role must have previous experience managing a team of people within a fast-paced distribution environment. You must have sound knowledge of all warehouse processes and be comfortable facilitating reviews & 121's and also be KPI focused.
As this is an interim position you must be immediately available.
£24,000 - £28,000
Interim - 3 months