My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain Sector and is a market leading distributor through Retail and Ecommerce. They pride themselves on creating Beautiful High Quality products.
The Site Manager in Swindon will be responsible for...
- Leading a Warehouse team of a team of 200
- P&L responsibility for 4 depots across the UK
- Develop a distribution strategy that will allow the company to keep its competitive edge whilst developing the customer proposition
- Supporting the Director in Projects, Continuous and Process Improvement to drive the operations forward
- Determine and implement a Warehouse organisation best suited to maximise efficiency and deliver targeted performance levels.
- Taking ownership of site level performance, managing daily KPI reporting for activity and throughputs.
- Provide strong visible leadership in order to ultimately manage all staff through performance, management and training.
- Improve Warehouse and Distribution operational efficiency.
- Supporting and executing a continuous improvement plan to improve warehouse operations
- Building effective relationships with a range of cross functional internal stakeholders and external suppliers and contractors e.g. agency suppliers, transport, contractors etc
- Facilities, taking overall responsibility for all aspects of facilities & Health and Safety across all sites
- Continuously drive a Health and Safety focused culture within the Warehouse team.
- Responsible for 3PL operations ensuring service levels are met in line with cost budgets.
- Delivery of all step change and business requirements within Warehouse and Distribution with business needs and demands; monitoring and planning resource requirements to support the changing demands of the business.
- Develop SOP's for Warehouse and Distribution processes in order to ensure optimisation and compliance with standards and regulations.
- Manage all Warehouse and Distribution related customer complaints, identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate across all departments and sites, actively involving the workforce through regular reviews and management meetings and head office reporting.
- Driving the Transport function to gain maximum efficiency
The Site Manager will have...
- Previous, demonstrable experience at a Site Manager level with managing large teams of 100+
- Strong commercial acumen, having previously held P&L responsibility within a sizeable operation.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of engaging and coaching large teams, with particular emphasis on continually improving performance through development and succession planning.
- Has led and driven multiple change management or continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for inspiring your teams to achieve their best.
- Professional, approachable and helpful to ensure smooth running of the general operation.
- Team Player with ability to motivate and empower others.
- Confident Manager, skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team to achieve them.
- Quality orientated and customer service driven.
- Proven experience of managing and implementing Health and Safety Culture.
- Highly tolerant of change, being able to work with an evolving organisation.
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment.
- Able to work efficiently across the business and functional boundaries.
The Successful Candidate will receive...
- A salary of £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- 25+8 days holiday
- Monday to Friday Day shifts
- Private Health Care
- Bonus Scheme