My client is a leading logistics provider in their specialist market. They have an enviable reputation for quality, service and flexibility. The business benefits from a strong base of loyal customers and a lean management structure that minimises bureaucracy.
The role of Solutions Development Manager will include:
- Supporting new business opportunities with existing customers for new scope of activity and retention/renewal projects - providing both project leadership and solutions design support, and occasionally new business projects
- Support the implementation team with new business wins
- High levels of interaction with the customer in conjunction with the sales and operational lead to position the on going solution development into a commercially attractive, winning proposition
- Keeping abreast of developments in logistics within the designated industry sector and ensuring that this information is shared with the relevant Solutions and Operations teams
- Thoroughly understand the business activities of assigned Customers, and in particular their supply chains, to identify business development opportunities.
- Develop an engagement strategy with the operations teams to target the key stakeholders in Customer's organisations who have responsibility for renewals and new logistics business opportunities, to create a pipeline of development activity.
The Successful candidate will have a background of working within a logistics solutions design, logistics development or commercial background ideally within a 3rd party logistics environment.
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous
- working with modelling tools (CLASS, CAST, AutoCAD, Paragon)
- Data Analysis using Excel, Access (V/H Lookups, Macros, Pivot tables, formulas etc.)
- Warehouse design, layouts, optimisation,
- Implementation experience is desirable
- Customer interaction
- Prince2 or other project methodology would be desirable
Excellent Basic Salary to attract the best talent, Bonus, Car/ Car allowance