My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector
The Stock Controller in Avonmouth will be responsible for...
- Responsible for effective stock management, including issuing and receiving goods, maintaining effective and efficient stock levels, weekly manual stock checks.
- Maintain Ellipse stock management system and associated processes to manage accurate stock information and associated pricing/suppliers/lead times.
- Adhere to Pennon Group P2P Business Rules for all purchasing transactions for both stock and direct purchases.
- Responsible for delivery of materials to Avonmouth RRC and the collection of materials from suppliers as and when required.
- Monitor outstanding deliveries of stock and contract spares against orders placed.
- To receive, from manufacturers and suppliers, relevant COSHH data sheets for materials supplied and bring them to the attention of the environmental and H&S Manager.
- Support other departments with procurement, receiving and dispatching items and handling all associated paperwork.
- Operate forklift trucks, overhead cranes and any other associated equipment.
- Produce and process system generated reports (Corvu) such as stock levels, stock value and transactional activity.
- Actively guide, monitor and train staff in stock and purchasing procedures.
- Ensure lifting equipment, register and records are up to date, compliant and fit for use.
- Ensure stocks are available to achieve maintenance plans and targets.
- Issue PPE to all work colleagues including maintaining individual colleague PPE records to ensure safety work wear compliance and replacements following company PPR procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a good level of housekeeping within your designated work area(s) to ensure safety compliance and hygiene standards.
- You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be affected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must always ensure that the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
- You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, HomeSafe, H&S Policy, EMS System, IMS System, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
The successful candidate will have...
- A clean driving licence
- Forklift Licence
- Be able and willing to travel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Have used a Maintance or WMS system before
The Core Behavioural Competencies of the company are as follows:
- Culture, values and ethics
The Stock Controller will receive...
- A salary of £25,000-£29,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday 8-4 shifts
- 10% bonus depending on company and personal performance
- 42 1/2 hours per week