My client is a Leading Manufacturing Business based in Bromley who are looking for a candidate to join their Procurement team as a Stock Controller and Buyer.
The key responsibilities for the Stock Controller and Buyer will be as follows:
- Responsibility for the sourcing of packaging
- Negotiating all aspects of the above purchase of products including pricing, volumes, delivery deadlines (in line with company requirements), customer/sales needs and ensuring that optimum stock holding targets are achieved.
- Maintaining accurate specifications of current products and ensuring that any new product lines are ready for issue prior to launch.
- Request artwork changes and check supplied artworks
- Creating and maintaining supplier files, price lists and analysing supplier performance including reviewing delivery and quality performance.
- Maintaining supplier relationships
- Responsibility for ensuring effective planning and forecasting of deliveries in liaison with other internal departments within the company
- Placing orders, expediting of orders where necessary
The successful candidate for the Stock Controller and Buyer role will have the following skill set:
- Experience in dealing with overseas suppliers
- Proven track record in purchasing of goods and services.
- Experience in negotiation and networking
- CIPS advantageous
The candidate will be offer a competitive salary along with a discretionary bonus, subsidised PHC, matched pension up to 8% and discount in on site store.