The client I'm representing are a market leader in food manufacturing. A business which has experienced an exciting amount of growth over the past few years and only has intentions to continue on this positive trajectory.
As the Stock Coordinator, you will report directly to the Logistics Manager and the primary purpose of the role is to manage a range of Stock Control activities established to maintain a cost effective International Supply Chain. This role will also include producing a variety of reports, both routine and ad hoc, using SAP and Microsoft applications.
- Operate the transport desk daily operations administrative requirements from booking jobs to delivery and invoicing
- Manage the supply of stock via deep sea freight and be responsible for a range of documentation and administrative requirements required to export stock to a variety of countries in an international supply chain
- Identify and collate the documentation required to export stock into new markets for the first time
- Effectively control day-to-day stock rotation, stock management and stock replenishment of UK and International Consolidators
The successful candidate for the Stock Coordinator will ideally have the following key skills & qualities:
- Clear and effective interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Positive and approachable disposition.
- Good knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office suite, (knowledge of SAP or other business support systems preferable).
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise workload and set own standards and goals.
- Knowledge of the supply chain process, how it interfaces with other departments and the role it plays in the Business.
- Knowledge and understanding of stock control processes, the importance to the Business and the financial implications.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Systems and the reasons and benefits of compliance.