I've partnered up with a client, based in Leeds, which specialise in providing a specialist maintenance service to a number of different sectors.
As a Storeman within this business you'd have the following responsibilities:
- All aspects of data management and entry, including eg Work Order creation, altering asset hierarchy, KPI data production, cost analysis, production of status reports
- Spares & Stores stock level control, re-ordering and management of Safety & Business critical spares. Store-keeping duties including manual handling of goods and parts.
- Prepare, control and tracking of Engineering Department proforma / forms / QA records
- Update, control and distribute Tag Lists / Drawing numbers & Master documents.
- Update of Engineering Specification/Procedures/Maintenance Activities to Engineers instructions.
- Provision of Purchasing administration
- Administration and filing duties, Maintain filing system - current, archive, and electronic
- Projects and other tasks which can be reasonably expected commensurate with experience and competence.
The successful candidate for the Storeman role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Good understanding of stock management processes
- Background in an engineering stores environment
- Numerate and literate with good communication skills verbal and written (All key tasks & responsibilities)
- Strong IT Skills, works with SQL tables & undertakes simple programming at a basic user level
- Ability to prioritise own work
- Works with Quality Assurance and document management systems
- A working knowledge of Maintenance organisations and use of CMMS & Stock control systems
- Quickly develops knowledge and understanding of the department numbering and filing systems, Company Safety, QA and Environmental policy and procedures.
£22,000 - £24,500