The business are a leading manufacturing business, creating, developing and producing a number of key products that are globally well known. Our client is one of the most innovative, effective and experienced manufacturing companies worldwide.
They have a global manufacturing presence, operating in over 100 countries and 12,000 employees worldwide. With 100 years of history, they are looking to hire a strategic buyer to ensure procurement best practice and strong relationships with suppliers.
Role would be manage spend of raw materials (fabrications/machined parts or castings ) and spare parts.
Negotiate supplier agreements and agree contracts across multiple suppliers
Developing key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Working in a fast paced environment, with a diverse portfolio of products.
Developing key supplier relationships, negotiating on major contracts and driving efficiency.
Managing risk, ensuring quality and enabling a collaborative environment.
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Good technical knowledge (understand fabrications/machined parts or castings and be able to understand manufacturing processes used).
- Strong strategic procurement skills and experience
- The ability to develop relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Member of CIPS
- Very strong stakeholder management skills
up to £50,000 salary + bonus + benefits