An established manufacturing business in the heart of the Midlands.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Control, introduction and follow-up on actions/measures of any material shortages that affect the Production
- Management and control of stock reduction according to the goals agreed.
- Coordination of the scheduled quantities together with Production Control
- Support cycle counts and control material stocks.
- Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers; carry out meetings with suppliers incl. suppliers evaluation; working together with QS regarding 8D reports
- Maintain KPIs and fulfil other Logistics Supply Change Management roles when required.
- You should have excellent knowledge of planning systems and coordination of logistics support ensuring time delivery to the customer.
- Manage supplier scheduling in line with company policies for stock holding & customer schedules, ensure unexpected shortfalls are identified and addressed.
- Internal and external Concern Management (Supply Chain), root cause analysis and solution implementation.
- Promote improvements within the material flow e.g. SCM, JIT, Kanban, visual management ensuring best cost solutions are implemented etc.
- Effectively communicate with the customer & supply base, ensuring clear communication of status of ongoing requirements, including material status during engineering change.
- Prepare production & capacity plans, ensuring product is manufactured and delivered in line with customer requirements, whilst maintaining pre-defined levels of inventory.
- Maintain shop floor data system/production planning interface accuracy.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate:
- MRP and other modern manufacturing control techniques
- Experience of operating in an MRP environment within the Automotive sector
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to remain analytical and make sound business decisions in a high pressure, fast moving environment
£30,000 - £32,000 Base + Package