My client is a niche manufacturing business supplying cables and connectors predominantly into the Defence sector. Currently 40 plus employees based at their Andover site, they continue to report positive results and growth.
The Supply Chain & Contracts Manager is responsible for ensuring a high quality and efficient purchasing and supplier management function to deliver a robust future proof supplier base in the context of a fast growing niche engineering company.
- Determine the annual Supply Chain business plan strategy and implement as agreed
- Manage & develop the Supply Chain processes to improve the overall performance and achieve the business plan
- Ensure that suppliers deliver to the agreed timescales and quality - expedite where appropriate on a regular basis
- Manage and minimise the risks to meet the production plan at the optimum price, lead time & quality
- Maintain and report on supplier data within the ERP system
- Manage and motivate the purchasing supply chain assistant to carry out all day to day order processing
- Produce monthly KPI reports for Supply Chain
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector
- Work with the sales function to raise and provide Vendor Quotation Requests & POs
- Review and negotiate commercial terms of contract with customer base
- Project management for live contracts, ensuring that the product is delivered on time
The ideal candidate will have Procurement experience within a engineering/manufacturing environment. As part of their role had a focus on supplier relationship management & contract management. They will also have good influencing skills and people management.
Ideal backgrounds; Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Lead
Competitive salary & package