The client is a large UK-based energy firm based in the South East of London.
They have a turnover of circa £8m.
As a company they are looking to invest in their personnel and are always looking to promote from within.
The successful candidate will be expected to be responsible for the following:
- To support the delivery of the Supply Chain Strategy for the area of the business under your purview, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking account of other activities within the Supply Chain portfolio and helping to drive the supply chain strategy to conclusion in a timely and professional manner.
- To identify supply chain requirements covering the relevant Category within the organisation.
- Ensure that the business support teams such as Legal and other stakeholders are involved and contributing to the delivery of the portfolio and manage the workflow to ensure that the acquire Goods and Services process is carried out in a timely manner to meet the business expectations.
- Ensure that all supply chain is carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with supply chain policy and procedures.
- Be an effective communicator, capable of preparing and presenting comprehensive reports to management and able to contribute to internal team meetings.
- To generate and record savings for the company by effective supply chain.
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigates the supplier risk in a suitable manner.
- Ensure that third party suppliers and contractors both understand and work in alignment with our health, safety, environment and quality practices and standards.
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services to the required quality in a timely manner and at the agreed costs. Manage exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and followed.
- Ensure that our risks are understood and mitigated to an agreed level through effective contracts and development of appropriate professional relationships with our key suppliers and contractors.
- Assist with the ongoing review of Supply Chain practices and procedures and ad hoc project work.
In terms of experience, the successful candidate should have:
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with and advising Senior Management.
- Experience of developing supply chain strategies for projects.
- A good level of understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidiscipline contracts.
- Strong negotiation skills, experienced in negotiating high value contracts.
- Commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion.
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Team player with the ability to promote relationship between the supply chain function and its stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The post holder will be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a student member working towards the professional qualification.
The company offer a competitive salary and bonus package for a role of this level and in this location.
They are always looking to invest in their talent and look to promote within, with many promotions coming within the first year.
The organisation will cover the costs of any CIPS qualifications.
As an energy company they offer significant discount on the candidate's energy bills.
They are happy to allow the candidate significant scope to be autonomous within their role.