The client is one of the largest energy providers in the UK, with a turnover in excess of £8 million. They are a significant employer within the UK - employing circa 13,000 people - and are looking to continue their growth in the energy market.
They have a number of offices in the UK and are truly a nationwide brand.
The client offers significant employee benefits, both industry relevant and monetarily focused that are competitive with similar roles in similar organisations.
If successful, the responsibilities of the candidate will be:
- To support the delivery of the Supply Chain Strategy for the area of the business under your purview, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking account of other activities within the Supply Chain portfolio and helping to drive the supply chain strategy to conclusion in a timely and professional manner.
- To identify supply chain requirements covering the relevant Category within the company.
- Ensure that the business support teams such as Legal and other stakeholders are involved and contributing to the delivery of the portfolio and manage the work flow to ensure that the acquire Goods and Services process is carried out in a timely manner to meet the business expectations.
- Ensure that all supply chain is carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with supply chain policy and procedures.
- Be an effective communicator, capable of preparing and presenting comprehensive reports to management and able to contribute to internal team meetings.
- To generate and record savings for the company by effective supply chain.
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigates the supplier risk in a suitable manner.
- Ensure that third party suppliers and contractors both understand and work in alignment with our health, safety, environment and quality practices and standards.
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services to the required quality in a timely manner and at the agreed costs. Manage exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and followed.
- Ensure that our risks are understood and mitigated to an agreed level through effective contracts and development of appropriate professional relationships with our key suppliers and contractors.
- Assist with the ongoing review of Supply Chain practices and procedures and ad hoc project work.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Demonstrate stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with and advising Senior Management.
- Have experience of developing supply chain strategies for projects.
- Have a good level of understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidisciplinary contracts.
- Show strong negotiation skills, experienced in negotiating high value contracts.
- Portray commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion.
- Demonstrate proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Be a team player with the ability to promote relationship between the supply chain function and its stakeholders.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The post holder will ideally be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a student member working towards the professional qualification.
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined contribution pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus. Although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered, ensuring the commitments and lifestyle of the individual are taken into account.
The role also offers the opportunity to work for one of the largest energy companies in the UK.