Our client is a leading manufacturer who specialise in the production of specialised equipment in the Automotive and Aerospace industry. They are looking to bring on an experienced Materials Manager who has a strong understanding of planning, forecasting and analysing data.
In this role you will be required to:
- Maintain and analyse build planning data across all live projects to ensure that production kits are assembled and issued to support production plans and priorities.
- Monitor kitting and stores picking priorities in order to support the Sub Contract production plan.
- Manage accurately and timely Works Order Transactions and Material Movement Transactions, liaising directly with key supply chain personnel.
- Create Works Orders as directed and maintain their progress and transactional accuracy, including those for routed / multi-step items.
- Ensure that Works Order pick lists are issued accurately and in priority order.
- Report on all Production Shortages to the Procurement Team, so effective expediting can be undertaken.
- Work closely with the BOM Controller to ensure that required Bills of Materials and Component Part set-ups are correctly created and configured.
- Liaise with Sub Contractors re: Production, planning and delivery times.
- Attend shortage meetings and liaise with Projects and Build re: production and material availability.
- Continuous improvement, development, streamlining, automation, dashboard and reporting.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Background in a precision Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of, or aptitude for various Bill of Materials Structures, in particular Indented BOMs and Flat BOMs
- Highly numerate and able to transact data accurately
- A high awareness of the quality requirements of the business and be able to act accordingly
- Ability to recognise components using part numbering, drawings and descriptions
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a calm and flexible manner
- Opportunity for progression
- Attractive Salary
- Permanent Opportunity