My client is a pharmaceuticals and health care business in Somerset who pride themselves on offering exceptional service to businesses whether they be a small practice or a huge international organisation.
They offer a consultative approach and offer whatever services their customers need big or small.
This business has worked all of the way through lockdown still operating on a next day delivery service.
The key responsibilities for the Team Manager role for my clients business in Somerset would be :
- Plan the training of staff, and monitor their performance and progress. Continually review and provide regular feedback
- Use space and MHE efficiently ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met, investigate thoroughly any incidents/accidents and escalate any issues that require it
- Manage productivity within your area of control - responsible for any department specific requirements (eg - any relevant sign offs for each department; loading sheets)
- Responsible for your area ensuring KPI targets are achieved
- Plan the layout of goods in within the warehouse and organise equipment availability
- Ensure all team members are compliant with the processes involved within the WMS. Any change requirements are implemented in line with the change control process
- Maintain, monitor and act where appropriate to ensure a safe working environment for colleagues, visitors and contractors on site. Where appropriate, escalate any health and safety issues to the Shift Manager and H&S Manager
- Ensure all staff are trained in relevant SOPs for their work area. Liaise with the regulatory department to any provide recommendations for amendments
- Contribute to the development and implementation of changes and new initiatives as appropriate
- Highlight any risks and issues that may impact service delivery and work with the Operational team to mitigate these.
- Conducts team briefings and deployments to update staff on best practices and expectations
- Drive Accuracy, Delivery on time and fulfilment by managing your area.
- Implement, and evolve KPI's to the ever changing requirements of the business
- Work with the external recruitment agencies to ensure labour requirements are in line with company expectations
- Carry out any other reasonable management requests from your line manager
The key responsibilities for this Team Manager role:
- Ability to lead change through teams and peers
- Understands the Warehouse and Transport that links to customer service
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel/Access for analysis and report building desirable
- Great people manager and decision maker - the role will require some level of autonomy, where decisions can be made without line level permission.
- Inspires people towards positive achievement of common goals.
- Empowers and connects effectively with others through involvement, delegation and trust.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Networks to learn & share from others.
- Looks outside areas of interest/expertise for opportunities.
The salary for this role is £30,000 + benefits