The Demand planner role is available on a temporary basis based in reading for a Global Leading FMCG business.Client Details
My client is a Global Leading FMCG Business based in Reading looking for a demand planner to join them on a temporary business.Description
The key resposibilites for the Temporary Demand Planner role based in Reading are as follows:
- Participates in demand review process.
- Performs analysis in support of demand management.
- Tracks changes to orders with supply planning, manufacturing, warehouse, and commercial business partners.
- Operates forecasting software and supporting systems as directed.
- Enters and updates data in the system to support forecast process.
- Collects data on performance metrics (MAPE LAG3, LAG1 & BIAS) in support of monthly S&OP process.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Assists in implementation of forecast improvements.
- Manages data integrity processes and follows current compliance regulations and standards.
- Document local standard operating procedures for demand planning process.
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing, Finance & Global planning to balance supply & demand for the EMEA Region.
- Facilitate forecast discussions and updates with Supply Chain business partners and internal cross-functional business partners (marketing, sales, finance, regulatory) to clarify demand requirements and drive improvements in forecast accuracy.
The Successful candiate for the Temporary Demand planner role based in Reading:
- A self-starting, innovative individual who can also work as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyse current inventory, planned production, and receipts to determine solutions for projected material shortages in the short-term horizon.
- Communication skills are required in the role to provide direction setting and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to perform under condensed time pressure and urgency on a daily-basis.
- Comfortable with handling constantly changing and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge / understanding of cause and effects for the supply chain from the impacts of daily availability choices.
- Strong aptitude for computing & technology is expected. Previous experience in SAP / other ERP applications essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point.
- A degree and / or equivalent work-experience.
A chance to join a Global Leading Temporary Demand Planner on a temporary basis based in reading.