Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long standing relationship of ours, a leading UK Retail distributor in Lutterworth, Leicestershire in their search for a Transport Carrier Manager.
This role will manage all outsourced inbound and outbound transportation activities business wide across multiple 3PL partners. This company remains one of the most identifiable, customer centric and forward thinking within its sector.
The position of the Transport Carrier Manager will;
- Report into the Head of Logistics.
- Be responsible for assessing and reviewing existing Transport activities and Carrier relations.
- Manage distribution across a predominately B2C, Home Delivery Transport operation.
- Ensure the effective operation of the Transport function, driving continuous improvements & further develop integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium & cost effective service.
- Be responsible for producing, agreeing & managing the Transport budget, accounting for any variances.
- Have a detailed knowledge of Transport Planning and operations in a radial and direct delivery environment including inter depot trunk movements.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the application and benefits delivery of Transport management systems.
- Good commercial knowledge of Transport operations including experience of operating in both an open book and closed book environment.
- Oversee the company's national distribution network, operating at a senior, strategic level.
- Key influence at all levels, pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Management of subcontract relationships to support successful business delivery.
- Demonstrable change management abilities, ability to work within an evolving organisation and challenge good change in a business.
- Propose, agree & implement service standard agreements for products with customers.
- Client interface with all major customers including implementation meetings and customer reviews.
- Provide effective leadership & direction to the Transport Department, working to tight deadlines.
- Highly tolerant of change and able to drive change within an evolving business organisation.
- Be commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate for the Transport Carrier Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Logistics Carrier management experience.
- A CPC National / CPC International - Advantageous.
- Experience of working within a Retail or E-Commerce and Home Delivery essential.
- Experience of working for a 3PL business previously - This could be recognised as advantageous by the client.
- Have managed budget in excess of £10m.
- Be results driven and commercially aware.
- Be a competent user of TMS systems and Microsoft packages including Excel.
You may have worked in a; Transport Carrier Manager, Carrier Manager, 3PL Manager, 3PL Commercial Manager, 3PL Contract Manager, 3PL Carrier Manager, Transport Manager, Regional Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Distribution Manager, UK Logistics Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
This position offers:
- Salary - £65,000 to £70,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance (£8k)
- 15% Company Bonus.
- Matched company pension scheme.
- Holiday allowance.
- Private Medical / Health care.
- Plus additional company benefits.