I have partnered with a growing Haulage business who have a national coverage and big presence in the area. Due to the continued growth of the business, they require a Transport Co-ordinator - PM to take the initiative on the Transport operation between Monday and Friday on the PM shift between 12 and 10pm.
You key responsibilities as Transport Co-ordinator - PM based in Leicester will include:
- Monitoring daily dispatch schedules, making updates as required
- Communicating with other departments (customer services, sales, finance, driving team) to ensure the daily dispatches are completed on time
- Booking, agreeing and negotiating rates with external / 3rd party haulage providers
- Assisting in route planning, preparation of load sheets, tracking delivery notes and supporting dispatch documentation
- Preparing KPI information for management
- Contacting customers regarding amendments or updates to deliveries
- Organising collections and back-hauls
- Completing transport administrative tasks relating to H&S, Insurance policy and claims, Vehicle checks, repairs and servicing, operator's license management
- Tachograph and Drivers hours management
To be successful with your application for Transport Co-ordinator - PM you will have:
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to get things right
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Organised and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent all round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- An enthusiastic attitude and desire to do what is required to support the business.
- MUST have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- MUST have worked as a Transport Coordinator or Transport Planner for a minimum of 2 years
- Commutable to Leicester
This is a full time role:
Salary: £25,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes
Must be able to do PM shift - 12 - 10pm, Monday to Friday