My client is one of the largest privately owned transport operators within the Nottingham area of the Midlands and has recently undergone large scale fleet expansion and investment. By mid-2020, my client is on target to operate a mixed HGV & LGV fleet of over 500+ vehicle out of their Nottingham headquarters.
As a Transport Compliance Manager you will provide expert technical advice on all compliance matters, whilst reporting into the Logistics Director respectively. Among other things, you will take lead on ensuring full regulatory compliance for a fleet of over 500+ vehicles, whilst conducting the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice and reporting legal compliance using KPI systems.
- Taking lead within the Fleet Compliance Working Board, comprising of both operational and technical staffing.
- Assist wit internal and external audits such as FTA / DSA / DVSA.
- Providing cover for the Fleet Manager during absence.
- Formulation and implementation of safe working and driving policies.
- Develop and deliver relative driver, fleet and compliance training to all parties.
- Maintain standards throughout the full fleet related to the operators licence.
- Deliver compliance training in line with Health & Safety regulations.
The successful Transport Compliance Manager will be CPC certified and have the following experience within large mixed fleets:
- CPC International or National is essential for this opportunity.
- 4+ years experience within the transport or logistics industry.
- Large scale fleet experience, ideally managing in excess of 100+ HGV's or LGV's.
- Proven history of managing and leading a small team of transport experts.
- Commutable to Nottingham.
- This role would also suit a service leaver with the matching skills and experience.
- 25-32 days annual holiday
- Commute to a Nottingham Headquarters