I am currently partnering with a well established 3PL Logistics provider in their search for a Transport Contract Manager, managing the day to day relations between the business and client for a key site in Leicestershire.
After a number of recent contract wins, this business are going from strength to strength in the current market place with this person reporting into the Regional Logistics Manager.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Report into the Regional Logistics Manager.
- Manage the on site daily operations team consisting of Supervisors, Admin teams and Drivers.
- Manage the customer account on a daily basis with a focus on operational Costs and overall Customer Service.
- Conduct regular reviews with both line reports and the customer.
- Ensure KPI's are met and exceeded on a regular basis, with necessary daily reporting to the customer.
- Have a structured approach to continuous improvement and network development within the wider organisation.
- Commutable to Leicestershire.
The hours of this positon are:
Monday - Friday
08:00 - 17:00
Flexibility required to suit business needs.
The successful candidate for the Transport Contract Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Transport management experience.
- Hold a valid CPC National or International qualification - advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 30+ Drivers previously.
- Have worked within a; Transport Contract Manager, Transport Manager, Operations Manager, Contract Manager, 3PL Commercial Manager role previously.
- Have worked for a 3PL business previously - advantageous.
- Have worked in a contract management role previously either for a 3PL or in-house business.
- A knowledge of Open / Closed book contracts.
- Have previously implemented a KPI suite within a business / site location.
- Be comfortable in presenting to internal and external parties.
- Be results driven and commercially sound.
- Be a good user of bespoke TMS systems along with Microsoft Office packages.
This role offers a great benefits package including:
- Salary - £45,000 to £50,000 (DOE)
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank holidays
- Company Pension scheme.
- Private Health Care.
- Plus additional company benefits.