My client is a world-leading transport and logistics solutions business who are in the process of growing a base in the Nottingham area. Their transport fleet is currently undergoing large scale investment with the goal of rapid expansion into the East England market.
As a Transport Controller you will report into a Transport Manager on a daily basis and will conduct the following responsibilities:
- Direct driver management for around 15+ HGV drivers.
- Managing holiday allowance and general staffing issues.
- Managing tacho infringements and vehicle compliance in-line with VOSA regulations.
- Ensuring the adequate maintenance of vehicles is conducted in the correct manner.
- Re-working of transport plans for around 30+ deliveries and night trunkers per shift.
- Ensure customer bookings and scheduling targets are achieved.
The successful Transport Controller will have a background in Transport Management and the willingness to work upon a Monday-Friday permanent night based shift. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in as a transport professional.
- Experience with hands on driver management - tacho infringement management / ADR etc
- A knowledge of transport planning would be advantageous on either a single or multi-drop basis.
- Proven history of managing teams of 10+ would be ideal.
- CPC (International or National) would be strongly desirable.
- Ability to commute to Nottingham.