You will be joining a leading 3PL who offer multiple logistics services for clients. You will be based at Worsley and will benefit from lots of progression opportunities.
Your responsibilities as Transport Coordinator will include:
- Provide driver and operational support
- Manually re-planning and amending delivery schedule, reacting to changes in requirement and daily operation issues ensuring the safe and timely delivery of orders are completed ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Be proactive in the promotion of safe working practices
- ensure that all company and customer health and safety and environmental policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Ensure that all Company Quality, Operational and Administrative policies and procedures are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Undertake both on the job and off the job training.
- First point of contact for all customer / driver enquiries
- Ensure all calls are handled in a professional manner adhering to a strict call queue target.
- Enter customer fuel orders on to SAP accurately and in a timely fashion
- Maintaining and exceeding customer service level in line with contractual KPIs
- Assisting with any other tasks as required.
- Undertake Emergency response base controller duties if required
This role requires you to work to a rotational shift pattern including full night shifts and weekend working
To be successful with your application of Transport Coordinator for this role you will have
- You will possess a good level of education with strong numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to multi task and solve customer and operational issues daily.
- Good interpersonal and people skills Excellent PC skills
- You will have a proven track record in a logistics, ideally road tankers, with excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate experience of interacting directly with customers to deliver the highest standard of customer service.
- Experience of transport planning in a fast-moving and complex transport operation is essential.
- You will demonstrate good commercial awareness and a commitment to providing customers with the highest standard of service.
- Possession of a National and International CPC in Road Transport Operations is preferred, but not essential.
- SAP experience would be advantageous but is not essential Strong team player with ability to adopt a flexible approach to maintain and improve the quality of service
You will be based in Worsley and benefit from an attractive salary, benefit package and progression opportunities