I am currently recruiting for a Transport Depot Manager for a leading UK Distributor based in Huntingdon. With a large UK network, they are a dominant force within their sector current dominate the market within their sector.
Due to an internal promotion a role has arisen for a Transport professional to take on a challenging whilst rewarding operation which holds a good reputation within both the internal National network and local area.
The successful Transport Depot Manager will be responsible for:
- The safe operation of all Transport activities in Huntingdon Norwich, ensuring compliance with H&S legislation & safe systems of work.
- Managing a fleet of 30+ vehicles, 30+ Drivers, and a total management and admin team of approx 10.
- Ensuring legal compliance to the Traffic Commissioners Operating Licenses.
- Ensure sites conform and work with the Vehicle Operator Licensing Agency inspections.
- Ensuring that the delivered service to the relevant transit points is provided and targets are achieved.
- Ensure regular and effective communication methods / mechanisms are developed.
The successful Transport Depot Manager will have the following Skills & Experiences:
- Previous experience in Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- CPC National and / or International qualified.
- Managing 30+ people / drivers previously.
- Experience working within an FMCG / Freight / Stockist / Parcels environment previously would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate knowledge of multi-site Transport operations, UK Distribution legislation and working best practices.
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding.
- Strategic Management Awareness.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Health and Safety and associated regulations.
- Be commutable to Huntingdon.
This role offers:
- Salary - £50,000 to £55,000.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- 15% Company Bonus.
- Holiday Allowance.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Additional company benefits.