Michael Page have exclusively partnered with a leading 3PL business in their search for a Transport General Manager, based at their Peterborough DC.
This company have experienced huge periods of growth over the last 3 years, with no sign of letting up anytime soon. After a big contract win being announced, their operation needs strengthening at a senior level to oversee their day to day operations and the company's strategic plans for the next 24 month.
This role has a clear progression route to an Operations Director level for the right person.
The Transport General Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting into the Operations Director (or similar).
- Managing a team of c.50+ drivers, along with the Transport supervisory, planning and administration teams.
- Ensuring key performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Managing the transport budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available & attend training courses as & when required.
- Complete thorough driver trip Debriefs and manage poor performing drivers.
- Managing drivers hours & ensure legal compliance as per the Working Time Directive & Drivers hours
Using the Gateway system to maintain drivers hours records and Tachographs to include uploads of vehicles & drivers within the required time limits, collate and send charts/envelopes to FTA for analysis.
- Ensure vehicles are available for scheduled maintenance & MOT, with an appropriate replacement to meet the business demand.
- Carryout driving licence, ADR certificate, CPC card checks at the appropriate time. Maintain & review driving licence records.
- Be commutable to Peterborough.
The successful Transport General Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Transport Management experience.
- Have managed in excess of 50+ drivers previously.
- Have managed budget in excess of £5M.
- Have worked within a 3PL / Food / FMCG environment previously - advantageous but not essential.
- Be commercial aware and results driven.
This person will have likely worked within a; Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, Transport General Manager, General Manager, Regional Transport Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
This role offers:
- £45,000 to £55,000 - Depending on experience.
- Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Additional Company benefits.