Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a well known FMCG Food based in Norwich, in their search for a Transport & Logistics Manager. Due to continued company growth this is a newly created role to help take their operation and its people to the next level.
The Transport & Logistics Manager role will require the individual to:
- Report to the General Manager.
- Manage a team of 50 - 90+ operatives through 3 direct reports across various shifts.
- Be responsible for the daily inbound, pick, outbound and distribution operations.
- Be responsible for the drivers and Transport function.
- Have full control of the operating budget for headcount.
- Be responsible for the inventory and QC management through your teams.
- Full site H&S control.
- Accountable for people development within the operation.
- Commutable to Norwich.
The hours of work for this role will be:
Monday - Friday
08:00 - 17:00 or similar to suit business needs
The successful candidate for the Transport & Logistics Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be degree educated or similar - Advantageous.
- Hold a National / International CPC - Advantageous.
- A minimum of 3+ years people management experience at an Operations Manager level and above, ideally within Transport or Logistics.
- Have managed in excess of 50+ staff previously.
- Experience within a fast paced and demanding environment.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous.
- Experience on managing budgets up to £3M per year - Advantageous.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven.
- Be commutable to Norwich.
This role would suit a candidate that has worked within an; Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Transport Manager, Warehouse Manager, Depot Manager, Distribution Centre Manager, Site Manager, General Manager or Regional General Manager role previously.
This role offers:
- Salary - £52,000 to £55,000 - DOE.
- 15% Company Bonus.
- 25 + 8 Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Death in Service benefit.
- Plus additional company benefits.