A leading FMCG based client are actively strengthening their Downham Market operation with the addition of an experienced Transport Manager. The position offers a great package, enjoyable environment and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company.
The client is open to an individual taking a step up from a Transport Shift Manager level whilst also reviewing applicants at an established Transport Manager level.
The role of the Transport Manager will be to:
- Report to the Transport Depot Manager.
- Hold the O license for the site.
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 30+ drivers.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function.
- Management of planning, organise and supervise the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- To ensure that the sites pass the transport audits at 95% each occasion.
- To ensure that the sites pass the H&S audit at 90% on each occasion.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
- Be commutable to Downham Market.
The successful candidate for the Transport Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (Desirable)
- 3+ Years Transport experience at either a Shift Manager or Manager level.
- Have managed in excess of 30 drivers previously.
- Experienced in managing across multiple sites.
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's.
- Experienced within multi-drop environments and operations.
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal.
This role offers:
Salary - £32,000 - £38,000
Plus additional company benefits.