You will be joining a leading client who offer a unique service for their clients while their processes are cost effective and environmentally friendly.
They all work as one team, utilising the full potential of all colleagues where everyone is motivated to deliver a high quality service to all customers.
Your new role as Transport Manager will be to take ownership of the transport function and the responsibility of the day tp day running of the fleet and drivers but also includes:
- Managing the fleet and workshop
- Working with suppliers and customers
- Making sure the operation meets its targets; ensuring cost are kept to a minimum
- Health & Safety
- Putting together performance reports (monthly review) for the directors
- Staff inductions
- Making sure vehicle maintenance, MOTs and road fund licences are up to date
- Checking of driving licences and driver qualifications are up to date.
- You would also make sure that all operations are carried out in line with UK and EU laws and regulations and any dealing with VOSA
- Monitor Tracking system.
- Monitor and manage around 80 pieces of kit on our R2C maintenance software
- Additions and deletions to fleet insurance
- All relevant transport administration
This role is Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday morning
To be successful with your application of Transport Manager based in Wigan you must hold a valid CPC along with:
- Strong organisational skills for planning
- The ability to think logically
- The ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Excellent computer skills especially with Excel, Outlook and Word
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- A good understanding of transport regulations
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good knowledge of the waste industry essential, understanding EWC codes and DOC's
- Knowledge of tracking systems and fleet maintenance software
You will be joining a leading business based in Wigan and you will receive
- An attractive salary
- Company car
- 28 days holiday inc stat
- Pension contribution